Monday, March 14, 2011

God, I'm finally getting serious...

Juarez, Mexico
March 4th- 13th
The week that Christ literally took a hold of my heart and ran with it.  (I will continue to thank Him for it though)  Riding in a 15 passenger van with 14 other people may not sound appealing, and especially not a 36 hour ride all the way to Mexico.  But to me it was just what I needed and more.  When we finally made it to Juarez after a long haul on Monday we settled in as much as you can possibly settle on cement and headed to our work site that we would soon call our home for the next four days.  We were introduced the family and then quickly started leveling the ground.  Until that is we got hit with a major wind storm which staled us for the first day.  Because the wind was so powerful we were not able to lay down the cement the first day like planned.  But God knew what He was doing and bright and early (6:30 am) we were at the site and ready to get that ground ready for some cement!  When the fourth day rolled along and the final product was there right before our eyes, a beautiful casa built by God's people, for God's glory to be shared with the neighborhood of Juarez. 
Sleepless nights, concrete floor, cold nights, no "real" shower for a week, this all doesn't really seem like an average college students dream spring break but the cool thing is that I am not some average college student, no one who went is.  We all have so much to offer and within those few days me and God started getting more serious with our relationship which is exactly what I needed at the time.  We were all able to connect with the families even with the language barrier and we were able to build up our fellowship as a whole also.  A week is a long enough time for Christ to change some ones life and He proved it to me.  He filled me with this joy that I literally cannot describe.  Even though I didn't get a real shower for a week I could feel the God cleansing me from the inside out the whole week. 
My prayer is to continue this intimate relationship that God and I have truly started.  I pray that I will allow Him to use me in ways I would never of imagined- like going to Mexico.  I pray that my heart will continue to ache for Juarez and the families we affected and that Casas por Cristo will continue to reach to Mexico.  I pray that my eyes continue to be opened by God's love and mercy. Thank you Lord for Your beauty.  I love you.

Get serious with God, you wont regret it,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment