Friday, June 17, 2011

A Proclamation of His Love

My day started at 6:00am to the sound of my roommates alarm going off, quickly after that was turned off I started my morning and headed downstairs for some breakfast and what I thought would be some peaceful quiet time without distractions.  The coffee was brewing and I was just about to enjoy my bowl of cereal when two of the Robey boys stormed downstairs and pretty soon the morning I had imagined for myself has quickly changed.  After Gabe and I had finished eating our cereal I was still determined to read something in the book of Psalms so I got comfortable on the couch and began in Psalm 127.  Just when I had read to Psalm 127:2 Gabriel decided to crawl on top of me and snuggle in close with his green fuzzy blanket and my heart immediately melted with love and thankfulness.  I still tried to read, which was pretty challenging when you have the cutest 7-year old boy close by, and I sure am glad that I did because Psalm 127:3 was definitely proclaimed to me this morning and any other time that I get to spend with the Robey boys, my nieces and nephews and even complete strangers children that I see at the park.
Psalm 127:3-- "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord."
What an awesome fact from our Lord and what an amazing thing to be able to experience pretty much everyday of my life if I allow it.
Needless to say I am so thankful and appreciative for what the Lord shows us and generously gives us through children.  I would not trade my time I had with Gabe this morning for my idea of a peaceful morning for anything. 

Enjoy one of God's many blessings, Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment